Now that I have your attention … today’s list calls for four turn-offs, and yep, you guessed it … greasy head sweat made my list. Isn’t it on everyone’s though? It should be!
Day Seven: Four turn-offs.
- Arrogance. I’m all about taking pride in your accomplishments; everyone deserves that. Be an expert in your field and share your wisdom, please do, we all need to learn, but don’t assume and/or act like you’re better than everyone else. At the end of the day we’re all humans. When someone just wreaks of arrogance I can’t stand it. As soon as I get a whiff of it, I have a hard time getting past the stench.
- Unthankful. Ya know when you hold the door for someone or stop your car to let them cross the street (in a non cross walk area where you’re not legally bound to stop for pedestrians, of course) and they don’t say thanks or just give a quick wave? That turns me off and annoys me. I mean c’mon! I think the world would be a much better place if we thanked each other more often. Even for the small stuff; sometimes, those are the moments that mean the most.
- Greasy head sweat. Sweat is a natural thing. It’s good for us. It helps flush the toxins out of our systems, but when I’m at the gym, the thing that disgusts me the most is greasy head sweat. You can see it glistening on the weight machine pads that have not been courteously wiped down by the person who used it before you or perhaps even the person before that. Blech! Greasy head sweat = turn-off.
- Narrow-mindedness. Sure, you might not agree with me, and that’s cool. Share your thoughts with me about why you don’t agree. Let’s have a meaningful discussion; maybe you’ll change my mind, but the “it’s my way or the highway” attitude, the unwillingness to look at things from another perspective is just so unattractive.
- If we didn’t sweat how would our body keep cool? (greenanswers.com)
- Botox now used to stop excessive sweating (mya.co.uk)
- Self-Cleaning Gym Gear Targets Bacteria, Sweat (wired.com)