Regrets I’ve had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
Ahhhh good ol’ blue eyes. Frank Sinatra had it right doing things his way. Sure we all have regrets, but having the confidence to do things your way without looking back or second guessing, that’s how it should be done. Oh Franky boy, if only I could be like you.
Today’s list calls for six things I wish I’d never done. There are many things I wish I’d never done, but my life wouldn’t be complete without them. Good and bad, I do believe everything happens for a reason. Of course I don’t always get why things are happening when they do, but eventually it all fits into the jigsaw puzzle that is my life.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
- Credit Cards. Damn you little pieces of plastic! Granted they’ve helped me, especially when I did a stint of unemployment and desperately needed to shuffle things around, but I wish I hadn’t relied on them so much.
- Anger. I let my anger get the best of me and I wish I’d never reacted the way I did in certain situations. I become a different person when my emotions take me over like that, and people involved who don’t know me see me for something that I really am not.
- Unread Books. During high school I always skimmed my way through the classics that we were assigned to read. Perhaps due to my ADD, and I still have time focussing on reading to this day, but once I get into I book I’m hooked and can’t put it down. I wish I’d read more of the books that we were assigned to read in high school, instead of turning to Cliffs Notes.
- Think Too Much. I think way too much about what others will think than what I actually think and feel myself. I’ve done it in the past and still do it. Wish I could put the kibosh on that! (totally love the word kibosh by the way. do you? oh, you don’t? yea, maybe I don’t either, but I do, but if you don’t and you think I’m weird for liking it, then …)
- Theodore Bear. I wish I’d spent more time with my childhood dog Theodore Bear aka Teddy. He was such a good little poodle. I didn’t appreciate him enough.
- Stubborn & Selfish. I wish I hadn’t been so stubborn and selfish allowing myself to become cold towards you when you needed me most. Fear made me pull away when I wish it had drawn me closer to you during those final months. Fight or flight? I chose flight, but now I’d fight over and over to have just a few moments with you again.
- Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
- Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
- Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
- Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
- Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
- Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
- Day Seven: Four turn-offs.
- Day Eight: Three turn-ons.
- Day Nine: Two images that describe your life right now, and why.
- Day Ten: One confession.